Tuesday, May 13, 2014

An Inspiring Read



The black hole that is Twitter can be mind-numbing. It is also frightening in the sense that I can spend a full hour sorting through my Twitter feed only to walk away feeling unsatisfied. Where did the last hour of my life go? Why can't I get enough of this Jay-Z craziness? I digress. What I am trying to say is, even though Twitter can win the gold medal in time-suckage, it can also be a truly amazing place where inspiration really is just around the corner. Such was the case this past weekend when I happened to stumble across a remarkably thoughtful piece by Doctor Jessica Zucker on Medium.com. Dr. Zucker I learned, is an LA based Psychologist who specializes in women's reproductive and maternal mental health, and she wrote a beautiful essay titled "5 Ways to Revolutionize Pregnancy Loss". The minute I opened the link I felt a thrill. It was incredibly exciting to see a medical professional validate the complicated "post-pregnancy loss" healing process and how imperative it is after such a traumatic experience. As someone who always felt there was a lack of quality literature (and heart) regarding miscarriage I am overjoyed by Dr. Zucker's essay.  In my experience, pregnancy loss has been a taboo subject for far too long, and those of us suffering (and healing) from this felt alone and ashamed. We’ve come a long way baby, now let’s keep up the good work!

- Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment